OAHU SHOPPING AND RETAIL STORES CAN OPEN MAY 15
Certain designated businesses and operations in the City and County of Honolulu will be allowed to re-open on May 15, by following specific guidelines as detailed Emergency Order No. 2020-10. The Amended and Restated Stay at Home/Work from Home Order, now under the new name “Ho‘oulu i Honolulu” or “Restore Honolulu” Order, incorporates all prior Emergency Orders, including the wearing of non-medical grade face coverings, social distancing requirements, and the limited opening of City parks.
The Ho‘oulu i Honolulu Order allows residents of the City and County of Honolulu to shop at retail businesses and shopping malls that comply with specific operations guidelines that includes allowing all persons in these establishments to maintain physical/social distancing and health and safety standards.
The Ho‘oulu i Honolulu Order can be found here.
Retail establishments should meet the following guidelines:
- Occupancy is limited at all times to no more than one (1) person per 200 square feet of the gross operation area (which equates to approximately 50 percent of the maximum occupancy load).
- Social Distancing Requirements (as defined in the Order) are adhered to at all times.
- The City’s “COVID-19 Guidance for Business” is followed to the greatest extent possible.
- Within shopping malls, the following must remain closed:
- Food-court dining areas (except for delivery or carry out)
- Play areas
- Entertainment areas
- Common areas (except to access and depart from a retail or repair service business)
- Game rooms
The City and County of Honolulu COVID-19 information call center remains open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on holidays. O‘ahu residents are encouraged to visit the website, oneoahu.org to get answers to frequently asked questions about Mayor Caldwell’s “Ho‘oulu i Honolulu Order”. If they do not find an answer to their questions on the site, residents can call the 768-CITY (2489) information hotline or email firstname.lastname@example.org.